Saturday, October 23, 2010

Exhibition 2010


























Well....its been a busy and exciting 2 weeks, I finally finished and got back my star quilt, rushed the binding on, spent 2 days home with a sick child which allowed me time to sew it down, and then delivered it off for the Goldfields Quilters Exhibition.


Last night was our opening night...members were all invited to attend for wine and nibbles (awesome) and the winners were announced.

Congratulations to my friends Lynn, and Lyn, Heather and Alison.....all were well deserving award winners.

Lynne won "Best use of Color" for her Tree of Life,
Lyn won "Best of Show" with The Morrell Quilt...a pattern by the wonderful Di Ford
Heather won "the Judges Commendation" for her Betsy's Bouquet, pattern by Ruth Bowman
and Alison won "Best Small Quilt" for Liams Quilt.... a crib quilt made for her latest grandson, all done in red and white...looked fantastic.

and I am happy to say I won a prize also....."Best First Time Entrant" for my quilt "When North meets South"
to say I was shocked and overjoyed would be an understatement..... gobsmacked was more like it.....and it made it all the more special as our guest judge was Margaret McDonald, a wonderful quilt designer I have had the luck to be able to have as a teacher in a few classes I have done at Threadbear Quilting.


I also entered another 2 quilts, and was very proud to see them hanging along side work of the very highest of quality.

Congratulations to Heather and the rest of the exhbition committee, you all have done a wonderful job.



now fingers crossed I win the raffle quilt xoxoox


Rach

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Rachel and a well deserved win it is. I love your star quilt and spent quite some time having a good look at it on Saturday in the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, when are you bringing me that quilt to take to NZ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright Rachel, I'm waiting for the next entry....
    Elli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you realize there's a 12 word sentence you can tell your partner... that will induce deep feelings of love and impulsive appeal for you buried inside his heart?

    Because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, idolize and guard you with his entire heart...

    12 Words Will Trigger A Man's Desire Impulse

    This instinct is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will make him work harder than ever before to take care of you.

    Matter-of-fact, triggering this influential instinct is so essential to getting the best possible relationship with your man that as soon as you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You will soon find him expose his heart and mind to you in a way he's never experienced before and he will see you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly appealed to him.

    ReplyDelete